- What does STOPzilla do once I install it?
- STOPzilla will install and download the latest definition updates. Once the updates are fully applied, the program will then request a complete system reboot. STOPzilla’s real-time protection is activated at this time as well. Any active malware will immediately be quarantined and rendered useless and safe.
STOPzilla then prepares the machine for scanning by optimizing and clearing system cache and other junk files. From there a full system scan is automatically launched. STOPzilla scans system files, folders, registry, memory, processes, services, drivers and any other location that malware likes to hide. Once the scan is complete STOPzilla will then display the results of what was discovered within the real-time process plus the full scan results.
Please note that the location found field within the
scan results screen only shows where STOPzilla found the active
infection. It does not report its current location. If the infection
item was active then STOPzilla will move that malicious file from that
found location and into quarantine automatically.
- Does STOPzilla bundle any additional third-party software?
- No. STOPzilla does not bundle any third-party software within its
installation process. STOPzilla does rely on third-party malware
definition updates to bolster our detection coverage in conjunction with
our own malware signature feed.
- What does the trial version of STOPzilla include?
- The trial version includes powerful real-time protection that will kill
and quarantine any detected active malware. Malicious malware that is
active will be rendered useless by STOPzilla and will be moved into the
quarantined folder and encrypted. Real-time protection is very effective
at preventing infections but if you are already infected a full scan
needs to be performed to fully diagnose the machine.
- What doesn’t the trial version of STOPzilla include?
- The trial version of STOPzilla does not include full infection removal
capabilities. Real-time protection will quarantine any infections
detected by our Active Enforcers during the trial but to fully clean
your machine, you must become a STOPzilla subscriber.
- How long will the trial version protect my computer with real-time protection?
- STOPzilla’s trial version remains functional for 15 days. After 15 days, you can still use STOPzilla for system scans.
- Will the quarantined infections be released once my trial is over?
- No. Infections within the STOPzilla quarantine will remain in harmless state and useless even after the trial is exhausted.
- How does the quarantine work?
- If STOPzilla detects active malware using the real-time protection
functionality, the file in question is altered by STOPzilla to render it
useless and safe. This altered file is moved into the quarantine folder
and encrypted. If a safe file was mistakenly quarantined, known as a
false positive in the security industry, then the user has the ability
to restore that file back to its original state. See more about false positives. After 30 days STOPzilla will purge the files in quarantine.
- How do I know STOPzilla is working?
- STOPzilla will protect you from threats in real-time and notify you of
any infections as they are detected. If there are any
unresolved infections, STOPzilla will notify you when your computer
first starts up. You can disable this option but if there are unresolved
infections you should really remove them as soon as possible.
STOPzilla is preconfigured to scan your machine on a regular schedule to
ensure it remains as clean as possible. On the server
side, our automated systems are constantly collecting and analyzing new
malware samples. We send our researchers home at night but our research
systems never sleep. New infections spread quickly and we always want to
ensure that our customers are protected as quickly as possible.
- How often does STOPzilla push out definition updates?
- The research team strives to release new definition updates once a day,
sometimes more than once. It all depends on the malware findings that
day. The more we discover, the more we update.
- How often does STOPzilla release application upgrades?
- Historically, STOPzilla releases a binary upgrade approximately every
two months. An upgrade could comprise of new malware fighting
technology, application bug fixes, and new features. There is no
additional charge for new upgrades during your subscription.
- How do I know the detected infections are really malicious and are not fake results?
- Given the current threat landscape, this is a completely fair and
legitimate question. Fake or “rouge” security programs are one of the
most prevalent type of malware being distributed on the internet. These
programs masquerade as legitimate security products but instead of
providing real protection, they simply flag any and all programs on your
machine as a threat and hold your computer for ransom until you give
them your credit card number.
STOPzilla is not a fake security program. We have an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and have received several awards and recognitions over the years. We have been in the business of fighting online threats
since 2002 and are obsessively dedicated to protecting our loyal
customer base to the best of our ability.
positives are a byproduct of the industry we are in. We try to update
our definitions as quickly as possible to ensure the best protection and
sometimes a legitimate file may be targetted in error. It is never an
attempt to maliciously fake an infection. We have uploaded thousands and
thousands of legitimate programs into our research system to prevent
this from happening.
If you feel STOPzilla has flagged a file in error, we want to know about it. Please contact our research department with the details and we will address it as soon as possible.
- What is a false positive?
- A false positive is an industry term within the security community that
defines the instance when a legitimate file is flagged as malicious by a
security application. Like every security vendor, STOPzilla does have
false positives from time to time. We hate false positives. That is why
we put so much emphasis on keeping our detection lists as accurate as
possible. Our research staff investigates potential false positives on a
daily basis and makes the appropriate adjustments when one is
discovered. Please contact our research department if you think STOPzilla has flagged a false positive.
- Will STOPzilla collect and transmit information about my computer?
- The STOPzilla Safety Network collects and transmits certain scenarios
where malware is impacting STOPzilla performance. It also records any
circumstances where STOPzilla failed to operate properly. This debugging
recording helps ensure quality and performance. Learn more about the
STOPzilla Safety Network below.
- What is the STOPzilla Safety Network?
- STOPzilla Safety Network is a network of STOPzilla users who help fight
against malicious software by enabling iS3 Malware Research to record
and transmit fail points within the application and encounters with
malware impacting performance. The anonymous data that is collected is
strictly used for research purposes only and with the main goal of
making STOPzilla the best product it can be.
- How do I remove myself from the STOPzilla Safety Network?
- If you wish to opt-out before installation, then just uncheck the
STOPzilla Safety Network option within the applications installation
wizard. If STOPzilla is already installed: Simply launch STOPzilla’s
interface, click TOOLS in the left hand navigation and uncheck the
STOPzilla Safety Network setting on the bottom. Then hit APPLY.
- Do I have complete control of STOPzilla?
- STOPzilla is fully customizable and is in your complete control.
STOPzilla gives you the ability to determine how and when it should run.
You can toggle between settings, set scheduled scans and alter
STOPzilla’s scan locations very easily plus much more. Use STOPzilla’s
functionality at your complete discretion and consent.
- Where can I see the STOPzilla Terms & Conditions?
- View the STOPzilla Terms & Conditions. The STOPzilla EULA is also available for review when installing STOPzilla.
- Will you share or sell my information to a third-party for marketing reasons or any other reason?
- STOPzilla will never share any user submitted or collected information
to any third party to be used for marketing. In response to a subpoena
or other legal process, STOPzilla may disclose the collected information
if asked to do so by a law enforcement official as required or
permitted by law.
- How do I uninstall STOPzilla?
- Please read our Support FAQ.
- Will the quarantined infections be released once I uninstall STOPzilla?
- No. Infections within the STOPzilla quarantine will remain in harmless state and useless even after STOPzilla is removed.
- How do I purchase STOPzilla and become a subscriber?
- You can purchase STOPzilla online or call us toll-free 1-855-969-0792.
- Why is STOPzilla a subscription?
- Fighting malware on a daily basis requires a tremendous amount of
infrastructure and human resources. Tens of thousands of lines of new
malicious code are released on the web on a daily basis. It is our job
to discover and protect our subscribers from these new threats.
STOPzilla has made significant investments to develop state-of-the-art
malware research and analysis tools. In addition, our dedicated research
staff is loaded with extremely talented individuals who have devoted
their careers to the fight against malware.
This dedication and
investment allows STOPzilla to constantly update the application on
almost daily basis. Our staff pushes out targets constantly ensuring
that with STOPzilla installed, you are always protected from the latest
threats. Learn more about STOPzilla Updates.
- What is the Constant Protection Program (CPP) and information on subscription renewals?
- STOPzilla’s Constant Protection Program is a service designed for your convenience that ensures your computer
protection is always active, up-to-date and will never lapse or expire.
When this program is active on your account, STOPzilla will
automatically renew your subscription and charge the credit card on
file. You can disable this feature at anytime.
- How do I turn off the Constant Protection Program (CPP)?
- If you do not want the STOPzilla Constant Protection Program to automatically renew your subscription on the anniversary of your
purchase, you can easily turn this feature off. There are two ways to do
so. The easiest is online by creating an account at the STOPzilla Portal.
You can also call toll-free 1-855-969-0790, select the “Billing” option,
and speak to a representative who can configure this option for you.
- What is the STOPzilla Portal and how do I mange my account?
- The STOPzilla Portal is a web based account management tool where you can view your
purchases, retreive license keys, update your account information,
change your billing settings plus much more. The STOPzilla Portal will
be updated frequently so check back often.
- Does STOPzilla offer a money-back guarantee?
- We offer a 30-day money back guarantee, no questions asked. If for
whatever reason you are not happy with STOPzilla within 30 days of your
original purchase date then just contact us and ask for a complete refund.
- How do I cancel STOPzilla and get a refund?
- Simply contact STOPzilla and speak to a representative. Once the representative verifies your account, your full refund will be returned via your original payment option. Please allow 7 to 10 business days for the refund to show on your credit card account. Please note that the amount of time it takes for the credit to appear in your account is determined by the credit card company, not STOPzilla. STOPzilla will immediately process the refund on our end once we receive the request.